At Columbia Regional Airport, we’re constantly striving to improve the customer experience. Our terminal, which was built in 1968 and has three temporary modular structures attached, is showing signs of wear and at certain times of the day is over crowded. The terminal space was squeezed many years ago as security concerns grew and TSA required additional screening space. Our secure passenger holding area does not have access to restrooms or a place to obtain light snacks or beverages.
Our runways and taxiways, while safe for commercial and general aviation traffic, need improvements and in some cases, replacement.
We have a master plan to address all of these issues. Currently, our master plan is being revised to show the footprint of where a new terminal may someday be constructed.
Below you will find links to our Columbia Regional Airport Master Plan – 2009opens PDF file and other related documents. If you don’t see what your looking for, please contact us to see if we can assist you. Thanks for using COU for your air travel needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Supporting Documentation for Restrooms and Snack Bar in Secured Passenger Area at Columbia Regional Airportopens PDF file – Secured Passenger Area opens in a new windowAirport Terminal Conceptual Designs and Information from Parsons Brinkerhoff on May 20, 2013opens PDF file
- opens in a new window2014 Passenger Demand Analysisopens PDF file
- Environmental Assesment (EA) Study Information – Public Hearing Information
- Public Hearing Agenda (June 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM)
- opens in a new windowPublic Hearing Slide Presentationopens PDF file (June 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM)
- opens in a new windowPublic Hearing Noticeopens PDF file (Published May 26, 2013 in the Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Notice of Availability for Final Environmental Assessment for Proposed Actions at Columbia Regional Airportopens PDF file (Notice to publish printed in the Columbia Daily Tribune on August 4, 2013)
- Final Environmental Assessmentopens PDF file (large file)
- Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) noticeopens PDF file