Columbia Regional Airport (COU)
The Columbia Regional Airport is owned and operated by the City of Columbia, Missouri and is a division of the Economic Development Department. Airport operations are administered by the acting Airport Manager, Mike Parks.
There are 17 airport employees who work in the following areas: administration, terminal and field maintenance, custodial services, and airport safety.
An opens in a new windowairport advisory board composed of nine (9) voting members appointed by the City Council consists of:
- Five members appointed by the city council who are residents of the city, comprised of the following:
- A representative from the general aviation industry and/or a pilot.
- A representative from the hotel or motel industry.
- A representative from an educational institution.
- A representative from a major employer within the City of Columbia
- A citizen-at-large interested in aviation and travel
- The remaining four (4) voting members, comprised of the following:
- One member shall be appointed by the presiding commissioner of Boone County
- One member shall be appointed by the mayor of the City of Jefferson
- One member shall be appointed by the board of directors of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- One member shall be appointed by the chair of the board of directors for Regional Economic Development Incorporated (REDI)
- There shall also be three (3) non-voting liaison members of the board as follows:
- Convention and Visitors Bureau director or the directors designee
- Public Works director or the directors designee
- Airport manger or the managers designee
The board exists to make a continuous study of airport needs and of aviation in the area, and makes recommendations to the Columbia City Council for the development and use of the airport.
Columbia Regional Airport provides valuable commercial and private aviation services to Columbia and mid-Missouri. Learn more about the opens in a new windoweconomic impact of COU on central-Missouri.
Columbia Regional Airport
11300 South Airport Drive
Columbia, MO 65201
Columbia Regional Airport Tarmac Delay opens in a new windowContingency Planopens PDF file